Friday, January 13, 2012

What has got me talking about football...

...Tim Tebow of course!


I am NOT a sports follower, but I do know a few players (typically just the hotties). I don't really care how far they throw a touch-down or how many yards they can sack or whatever, lol. BUT I have an interest in Tebow, as does most of the country these days. From my limited knowledge I can gather that he is an awesome ball player, and an outstanding example of a God-fearing & God-loving Christian. So of course he is being attacked by haters. I was under the impression that each time Tebow scored a touchdown he would and I quote "praise Jesus in an obnoxious fashion while shoving Christianity down the throats of those watching". So I am thinking wowzers this guy is crazy! Then I see that in reality all he is doing is simply kneeling in prayer for a quick second....someone please tell me how that is obnoxious or forcing Christianity on anyone?!?! Tim Tebow seems like an outstanding guy in many ways. What little I know of his story is pretty cool and I plan to read his bio soon. It just makes me sick that in America we are expected to be soooo accepting of every religion, belief, lifestyle, etc. If a Christian speaks out against gay marriage, abortion, etc we are horrible people, BUT everyone else can openly mock Christians and it's tolerated and accepted. Makes a lot of sense to me *rolls eyes*.

No comments:

Post a Comment