Friday, February 4, 2011

Gluten free Update

So I've been gluten-free for about a month now and I feel great!! I can't believe I have been struggling with this for most of my life, yet the solution was so simple! I am so thankful to finally know why I was sick all the time. It's been super hard cutting out my favorite foods - pizza, pasta, donuts, cupcakes - but it's worth it. I am debating if I should plan one day a month where I go totally bananas and pig out on everything glutenous....most people tell me this is a horrible idea, but when you'd kill for a pizza you do crazy things :-)

Thankfully I have some good support from others who can't eat gluten. They have been such a huge help in sharing ideas, tips and recipes. Thanks to my parents, Emily, Jami, Jenn, Alli and everyone else!

2 comments:

  1. glad you are feeling better.

    here is a website with recipes that are gluten free..
    http://glutenfreemommy.com/recipes/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! Us gluten-free folks have to stick together otherwise I think we would be arrested for aggrevated battery over a donut! :o) Good for you for sticking with it. I'm so glad you're feeling better!! --Jami

    ReplyDelete