Friday, September 30, 2011

Dental Detrement

I used to keep such good care of my teeth...brush 2-3 times everyday, use only the best toothpaste, brush in tiny circles, go to the dentist diligently every 6 months...but apparently none of that matters if you DON'T FLOSS! Wow...who knew that flossing was actually necessary?! My parents did. I sure didn't think they had a clue what they were talking about though. But now that I am older, wiser & have a whopping 13 cavities (!!!) I am pretty sure they knew exactly what they were talking about!

A few weeks ago I went in to discuss a "plan" for my dental work. I totally felt like an idiot when they informed me it's going to take a total of 5 appointments and $4000 to fix everything :(

I am making head way going about every 3 weeks, so I should be done in late November. You may wonder why I am sharing this embarrassing info...1) I'm not above some deserved self-deprecation, 2) Let it be a word to the wise: kids, listen to your parents when they tell you to floss! and eat your peas! and to stop making that face before it sticks that way!


The toothless look is not quite this cute on a grown woman!

1 comment:

  1. Too funny... I never floss. Now you scared me straight.

    ReplyDelete